Saturday, February 28, 2009

Man Child!

Yesterday I became the proud father of a son. Hopefully, I'll avoid turning him into a complete meathead. Often, parents purchase a newspaper to show a child what was happening in the world when they were born. My son has the distinction of his paper closing after more than 150 years of publication on the day of his birth! I used to throw the Rocky Mountain News as a kid and love the death / birth overtones.


I often hear boys are easier, and thus far its held true. Like any good male, he showed up to eat and sleep and is proficient at both. Perhaps this is becuase the kids and I have been reading a bunch of Garfiled during the pregnancy.

As if the day were not sweet enough, the cub and I were treated to a rare victory of the Nuggets over the Los Angeles Lakers. His first sports game ever, and I didn't yell and freak him out either. Perfect day.

2 comments:

Jay said...

A blog post about your first son, and not a single picture??? Come on man! Let us see the munchkin!

Seth Jenson said...

Congrats!!!!! Meg and I want to stop by with something for you guys (and pick up a pair of clippers your wife bought for me). Is it too soon for visitors? We don't want to be a nuisance but thought it'd be fun to stop by. Would sometime on Sunday work perhaps? Would have to be in the afternoon - we are headed out to Parker in the evening. Anyway, let us know. Congrats on the man child! What did you name him? Post some pics!