Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Son Conquers Hanging Lake

Last Saturday I assaulted Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon with the Lizard, El Burr and Gator. This is a 1.2 mile hike (each way) and has a 1,000 ft elevation gain. I intended to carry the Gator to the top, however he would have none of it. And so it was, this determined MAN-CUB nearly completed the entire ascent. I was immensely proud and also a bit upset that he has stolen away so much of my life essence. To show my fatherly feelings of joy, I share the following:


Here are some pictures of the lake. Totally worth the hike, but don't be crazy like me. This isn't for small kids, especially if you don't want to carry them all the way down after they pass out from exhaustion.


3 comments:

Daniel said...

Impressive, most impressive.

I'd love to see some more shots, if there are any.

Fletch said...

There are. I will send them to you via ultra private communication to protect the integrity of our bodily fluids.

Catch that reference if you can.

Daniel said...

A Beautiful Mind?