Saturday, February 14, 2009

25 Songs

Another challenge completed that I'll post on here for posterity. It is 25 songs at random on my Windows Media Player on my work computer, so I didn't have all of my stuff, but here it goes:

1.NFL Films – Power and the Glory
2.Han Solo Returns – Return of the Jedi Soundtrack
3.Best of My Love – Eagles Greatest Hits 1
4.Eine Kleine Nachtmusic – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
5.Country Road – James Taylor
6.Never Let You Go – Third Eye Blind
7.Vogue – Madonna
8.California Dreamin – The Mammas & The Pappas
9.Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani
10.My Sharona – The Knack
11.The Map Room – Raiders of the Lost Ark Soundtrack
12.Whip It – Devo
13.A Whole New World – Some Piano Guy covering the song
14.Hallelujah Chorus – Handel
15.You Learn – Alanis Morissette
16.You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You – Dean Martin
17.Witness – Sarah McLachlan
18.New Year’s Day – U2
19.Bad Cops – Simpsons cover of the theme song to the ol reality show
20.Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers
21.Suburbia – Pet Shop Boys
22.Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
23.Song for my Father – Horace Silver
24.Are You That Somebody? – Aaliyah
25.Get Back – The Beatles

Good Times. I was thrilled to see Power and the Glory come out on top. Not sure I can divine any meaning from this list. I once took one of those hokey email personality tests that told me "Turbo Lover" from Judas Priest is the themesong of my life. I'm a bit dissapointed random selection kept it off the list... I guess I'm no longer a Turbo Lover.

2 comments:

Rock Solid said...

Jon you will always be a Turbo Lover at heart. That is your past, it is a part of you. You know this to be true. I can hear the song in my head right now and I can't even remember the last time I heard it. It is right up there with "break'in the law." My brother in law Josh Tippetts even knew who sings that.

Daniel said...

Jene, quite a selection of tunes, I commend you for your diligence.

BTW, is the first song the one about "Larry Csonka played football the way a horse plows a field . . ."?

Are you implying with the ear buds shot that you have become a member of the Borg or was it principally for the cute heart it produced?