Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 Random Things

I just busted my hump for this elsewhere, so I may as well get some extra mileage out of it:

1. At the age of 3, I climbed the organ pipes at church while my mother was speaking. Dad was asleep. I made up about 9-feet before I was pulled to saftey for a beating.
2. My favorite color is blue... No! Yelllooooooooo
3. I had braces - on my teeth.
4. I can take amazing pictures of myself while driving thanks to my mad skillz as an appraisaler. 5. I have an innie not an outie belly button.
6. Often I go through food fetishes: once I ate nothing but racoon meat hot-dogs with hot sauce, immitation cheese and tortillas during dinner for a month.
7. I can't play any instruments, being the one child my mother could not teach the piano.
8. I sang choir in HS so I could play football, and now I sing (not well) for enjoyment.
9. I've created a small collection of techno music I made in college - a roomate described it as "The music they play in hell."
10. I'm known in some circles as "Negative Nancy" and "Positive Peter."
11. I prefert to ski rather than snowboard.
12. I've given up on music, generally favoring sport and ultra-conservative talk radio.
13. Running from and killing the Predator and Darth Vader are recurring dreams that have plauged me over the years.
14. I'm a huge fan of Christmas and try to over-do it every year, Griswold style.
15. My kids crack me up all the time. Best comic relief a man can get at the end of the day.
16. I have one of the ugliest basketball styles in the history of mankind.
17. I was a state champion in football, but didn't get a ring because I was too cheap.
18. I've lived in CO, MA, CA and NV.
19. Left my wife on Valenties day to interview with Sears in Chicago during college. Accidentally slept in the next morning. It wasn't meant to be.
20. If I don't talk while I'm eating, it means I'm enjoying my food. If you made it, take that as the highest compliment I can bestow.
21. I fight for every last scrap of cold cereal due to extreeme childhood deprivation.
22. Love 80s hair metal.
23. I am a minor-leauge audio/visualphile. Give me loud, exploding movies. Just ask my wife, I get obsessed. I'll set up your system for fun.
24. I've been nearly arrested for a drive-by shooting and potentially holding up a strip-center with a plastic uzi. Both cases earned me guns pointed up my nose.
25. Despite what everyone says, I like fruit. Just not Pears, Peeches, etc. You know, the mushie stuff. I also despise dried fruit. Its for elves and fairies. Fresh Pineapple, Bananas, Grapes and Apples are my staples in this food category.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow. That I've forgotten #19 either means that I'm a male (because I totally didn't remember that) or that you've searched your feelings and known it to be true.

What did you tell the guys?

"Sorry, dudes, slept in . . ."

I suppose that excuse would be better than, "Sorry, guys, I was in jail for beating my significant other."

Fletch said...

#19 was a moment of DEEP SHAME to me. I dusted myself off, took a cab and did my best, knowing it was an easy strike that would eliminate me, but I tried to learn from the day.

Daniel said...

Sooo . . . you took a cab to the interview? Or you took a cab back to the air port?

Fletch said...

To the interview...

Daniel said...

Indeed.