Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday Morning Quarterback

Much like everything going on these days, our hopes have been crushed. In a painful way. Am I that much of a Cardinals fan? No. But it would have been nice to see the Cinderella team of the NFL, the flagship of American hope in a dark time sail into the sunset. Instead Darth Vader's minions set it on fire after a game that equated to a bag over the head/stomach punch for the Cardinals.

I'm convinced Darth has given Big-Ben a force field generator. How else could that guy have so many people around him all the time and not get sacked? James Harrison's (#92, the guy that ran back the interception) agent must have been doing cartwheels when his client made that huge play, then was ripping his hair out after the cameras got a first hand look at him beating that Cardinals blocker like the girlfriend he assaulted back in May 2008. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3284544) I bet she was watching that going, "That right! that's what it was like every day!!!" ESPN is calling the Steelers "America's Team," I find that only to be true in the sense that they have become America's most hated team, behind the Patriots of course (I love the irony in that).

To be fair, the Steelers are the better team, controlled most of the game, played very tough and their fans deserve it much more than the ultimate band-wagon fans in AZ. I still think had the Cards won, consumer confidence would have climbed 1 point. (Don't ask me for my algorithm I used to make that calculation).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised you didn't comment on Bruce Springstien's high priest of sax and cowbell. That was the best part of the superbowl.

Daniel said...

I say amen.

My question is this: Will the Broncos make it back to the Super Bowl before my children are graduated from college?

Fletch said...

It had better happen within the next three years or we'll be getting a new head coach.

Daniel said...

What's this Bruce Springstein talk?