Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Geeking Out Pt. 74

Most of you know I love a good comic book or sci-fi movie. I could take as many as the Hollywood machine will throw at me.

All art-house Nazi's need to quit complaining and hail Awesomeness. What's not to like in these movies?

Super-powers, explosions, popcorn, gadgets, lasers, explosions, martial arts, one-liners, popcorn, awesomeness, laser vision, people getting tossed, shouting, fire, heroism, sacrifice, popcornexplosions and more Super-powers. 

(BONUS - guess the meaning of my Chiastic structure above)

So here are the latest films I'm completely geeked out for next summer:



First of all, Sherlock Holmes is the bad guy? How awesome is that! This one looks like it will have a close to home plot which should be very interesting. The Trek re-boot continues to be my standard by which all re-boots must be judged and the Star Wars prequels forever shamed.
 

Personally, I love the look and feel of the visuals in this trailer. The teaser and this one have led me to think the next installment will focus more on Superman's inner struggle and weakness/vulnerability. All good things to heighten the stakes or drama for a nearly indestructible character. Of course ZOD my all time favorite villain is in this one so Supes really is in mortal danger (or at least whatever city he's fighting in is TOAST). Regardless, catching these trailers today was nothing short of copious amounts of hot lather smothered on my face by Hollywood and I'm ready to go... in six months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd better hope the Mayans are not right!

Daniel said...

Word. I look forward to your reviews.