Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.... 12.... 12....

Even as I type this my bowls begins to melt. I'm looking out my window and a Red Sun rises. I learned from Legolas this means blood has been or will be spilt. Or perhaps something more positive will happen?


Of course after 5 minutes of searching the source of all truth (GOOGLE) it would appear to the casual observer that nothing major has happened on the recent FREAKISH sequential dates:

10/10/10
11/11/11

But wait! The next time we get such a special date or "portal" to another dimension is on January 1, 3001.

NEARLY ONE THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW.

In our world of never ending excuses for sales and parties, I'm shocked I have not see the following:
  • 1-day only 12-12-12 sale at Macys! $12 off any purchase - This sale will not occur again for another 1,000 years so hurry in today!
  • Buy 11 Pizzas and get the 12th Pizza free from Pizza the Hut! 
  • Me: I'm going to treat myself and quit work at 9:00 PM and watch a depressing foreign film on Netflix with unsalted and non-buttered popcorn. 
  • Hi. I'm Tom Shane. - Guys, its the last major sequential date for nearly a thousand years. Want to show her that your love will last even longer? Why not buy her a commemorative diamond 12 pendant from the Shane company? These hand selected diamonds from the blood mines of Africa are truly unique and I killed the middle man to get to them. This gift will let ALL of her friends know that you make even the most obscure events reason to buy her jewelry. Her status as a trophy woman will be a legacy for generations to come. - Now you have a friend in the end of the world jewelry.. The Shane Company located 1/2 mile east of I-25...   


3 comments:

Daniel said...

Loved it. (FYI, I suggest considering a change from "bowls" to "bowels" at the beginning -- unless I misunderstood.)

I'm impressed with your Tom Shane knowledge. I felt transported back to a random CO vehicle and placed firmly in a seat belt, upon reading that bit.

Where'd you score the wedding package option?

I'm glad we both appreciated the singularity of the event: https://plus.google.com/u/1/110524638589641892271/posts/LKxuTgkrv9i

Fletch said...

I'm an old Vegas Pro. I know the deals going down at TI.

I knew the Tom Shane bit would at least resonate with you. I still crack up when I say his address with him at the end of his radio ads.

Daniel said...

Seriously. Please be sure to record it, so we can share it with posterity, when they are ready, some day.