Saturday, October 29, 2011

Movie Musings

Last night I went to go see In Time with a few friends and here are some thoughts from the experience.

  • Once again after the previews were done, I had forgotten which movie I was there to see.
  • NO MORE MOVIES ABOUT ALIENS WHO ENGAGE IN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT WITH THE INHABITANTS OF EARTH. I CALL DOWN BLOOD, THUNDER AND VENGEANCE ON ALL THOSE WHO TRESPASS THIS LAW!!!! 
  • In Time is essentially a producer thinking... "Gattaca was a great movie. If we could only do a sequel we'd make a ton of money. Nah... how about if we get Andrew Niccol to recreate that story with a different plot? - BINGO." Now you have In Time, another tale of haves and have-nots only this one is poorly conceptualized, executed and is ultimately a terribly flawed movie. 
  • If you've read my post on Avatar, you know I despise blatantly political movies... with a left leaning agenda. This one isn't quite on the same level as Avatar, but on a scale of 1-10 for commercial movies (Documentaries are almost entirely a propaganda machine of the left so they don't count) this one is an eight. 
  • From within the first five minutes it was clear this movie was planned in conjunction with Occupy Wall Street.
  • Rich people are evil
  • Poor people are good and victims of evil
  • Capitalism is the meat grinder of Satan and we are just chunks of flesh in the cold, cruel gears of a system designed to give a few people really tasty burgers of oppression. 
  • Everyone can be equally wealthy. (I actually don't disagree with this ideal, just differ on methods to get there.)
  • Are you sick of bullet points yet?
  • I did like the equation of time and money. I often think of purchases in terms of how many hours I had to work for them. If only the movie could have honored the gods of economics (who they basically shunned) and mention "opportunity cost."
  • Capitalist pigs would make you want to hit on someone's grandmother
  • Capitalist pigs wish they could walk up to you, size you by the wrist and suck away all of your money and  kill you so they can be incrementally happier. - Wait, that does sound just about right. 
  • Bad haircuts make a bad movie even worse. 
  • I'd go on, but I have to go make money for the corporations sucking me dry. I don't have all day to write this. Time is money and I'm making Warren Buffet IMMORTAL. 

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Thank you for taking this one for the team.