Monday, October 10, 2011

Carpet Fiasco

Last Saturday, I had a gauntlet thrown in my face. I helped a friend with some minor moving items at his new house. He was getting rid of some old carpet and I offered to take it off his hands so I could use it in the basement or garage. After packing the carpet in the car, I called the Boss to ask where she'd prefer we use it. She verbally slapped me through the phone and chastised me for taking the carpet. Specifically, she described taking the carpet as:

EMBARRASSING 

Really? Is taking carpet a red neck, white trash activity? Once again, I don't get the 1,000,000 rules women live by. but I do understand this one. LISTEN TO THE WOMAN. So, I admitted my shame to my friend and returned the carpet. You tell me, was this embarrassing?

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Take off the bag and hold your head high. (Just don't inhale it.)

You'll get your man card back
when you retrieve the carpet. If you don't ...give me a call. I'll fly with you.

(Love the image, by the way.)

Anonymous said...

I think it was more embarrassing that you returned the carpet and admitted your shame. What were you thinking? Just take the carpet to the dump. I guess it would cost you to dump it, but then you would still have your dignity.

Rock Solid said...

This is one of the funniest posts you have ever put on here.

Fletch said...

He already had a huge 10x20 dumpster in his driveway. Going to the dump and paying would not be worth my time. Plus, I still contend that my dignity is intact.