Monday, October 24, 2011

Does God Want Tebow to Win?

Yesterday featured one of the most inexplicable comebacks in Broncos history. Down 15-0 with less than 5 minutes to go and somehow we win the game. And let's face it. This was a game we should not have won. When you have like 2 passing yards entering the fourth quarter and a QB rating of -74.3, how on earth can you rally to win? To take a phrase from the Book of Mormon, I am "astonished beyond all measure."

This win is more bitter than sweet for me. Is this guy really the future? Every win like this puts a team like Miami one step closer to "sucking for Luck" than we are. I feel like each win is actually another nail in the coffin for my franchise. It's never been bleaker for a Broncos fan. At this point I can only surmise that yesterday's win was an act of divine providence for the world's greatest human being.

Tebow is getting into Luke Skywalker territory. He is clearly a guy with less talent but seems to overcome the odds. Luke was a whiny, punk kid that had no business walking into the Throne Room and taking down Vader and the Emperor. But thanks to the will of the Force and George Lucas, he won. Tebow had no business going into Miami and winning, but thanks to divine will and the Florida faithful, he was the victor.

If Tebow keeps winning in this fashion, I'll have to say the prayer and hedge my bets with the afterlife (actually, I already did this on my mission). Maybe Agnostic and Atheist sports fans will start to line up to get saved? Perhaps that's the only explanation for what happened yesterday. Or the owner of the Dolphins really is plotting big time to suck for Luck. Or the Dolphins just suck. Take your pick and enjoy the drama.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Hmm. Regardless of the explanation, I'm unsure how I feel about the graphic. I will be particularly amused if it was put together by someone who dislikes Mormons, as I'm very confident the painting was done by an LDS artist.

As for myself, I want Tebow to win, both because I'm tired of hearing about the Broncos losing and because I appreciate what he stands for.

Fletch said...

Would you rate this as my most controversial post ever?

Daniel said...

Speaking of the text, I'm very confident there are other posts I raised my eyebrows at more.

On the other hand, I'm struggling to think of an image I raised my eyebrows at more than this one.

gracie's great ideas! said...

The key to his success is Tebowing. Tebowing Defined:

Tebowing (vb) to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different.

Check out the website dedicated to the worldwide phenomina of tebowing: http://tebowing.com/