Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rad

Major benefit of being a child of the 80s? Knowing what it was like to use the word rad and be cool. Plus, it meant we got sweet BMX racing movies. I've shared this with a few of you before, but it needs to be logged for posterity. In a perfect 80s world run by the Cobra Kai, everyone would be forced at nunchuck-point to watch this movie. Here is a sample. Prepare to be amazed.



SdmaMadDog, one of the great sages of 80s lore said the following about this clip:

Dude, ROFLOL. I have never seen such CHEESE. Incredibly horrible. I thought I saw Bart Conner in there, when he is the bad guy, unintentional comedy factor of the highest degree (especially when the writers can't even bother to change his first name!).

The story of Cru Jones, a young man who can overcome all obstacles that prevent him from participating in the BMX race "Helltrack." As he works towards his dream, Cru falls in love with Christian, an amateur racer. With the help of Christian and her friends, can Cru's "Rad Racing Team" defeat the top BMX factory rider, Bart Taylor ?

The 80s were my high school years and I saw break dancing in gyms but never, ever bmx!!! Thanks for a blast from the past. Now you have an name for your son...........presenting Cru Fletcher!!!

5 comments:

Jay said...

The 80s were your high school years? ...um... no they weren't. You graduated in 94 didn't you?

Fletch said...

I said I was a child of the 80s. Those were my wonder years where everything is nostaligic for me now. I used to watch Rad 1x per month with a friends and then we'd go biff it on the driveway trying to do some of the tricks. Good times!

Katie said...

Send me an angel...that's four minutes of my life I'm never getting back. Thanks.

wylie said...

I loved that movie! It was so RAD! Can you do an homage to Breakin 2-Electric Boogaloo?

Daniel said...

Rad.

Who knew so much could be done on a BMX?

I always just thought it was limited to me landing upside down (on my head) in California Games.

Good times.