Monday, January 25, 2010

Poor FAV-re

Man Crush, I can't believe I'm going to say this: I feel sorry for you. That was a gritty performance after a brilliant season, only to see it end in a very cruel irony of a 2nd career ending interception. Thus cementing your legacy as the king of interceptions, not the best QB of all times. That's got to be a jagged, bitter pill to swallow...

Maybe the trainer can give you a cortisol shot for that. But here is the real reason you lost.

Prince.

Yes. The dude formerly known as a symbol CURSED your team with the most HEINOUS fight song since the San Diego Chargers (also inept at winning it all despite superior talent). Clearly the football gods could not allow a team with any connection to that ultra-pathetic fight song tp win a super bowl. Hence, your inexplicable 5-turnover defeat in overtime.


Prince Purple and Gold Lyrics - Watch today’s top amazing videos here

I think I'm proud to be a Broncos fan after this morsel of perspective.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow, is that really an Artist Formerly Known As song? Yes, I'm proud to be a Bronco Fan, where at least I know I'm free (from loveliness like that).

Yes, too bad BF holds the record for most career interceptions thrown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_favre

It is savory to know ole Johnny ravaged his second Super Bowl attempt.

Oh that's right, Elway has two rings, Favre has one . . .

Anyway, too much shadenfreude.

Fletch said...

Thanks for making me look up your HIGH German words.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

I'm actually enjoying that quite a bit and will have to incorporate into my daily practice.

Daniel said...

Hey, I've gotta get HIGH off something, ya know, bromide?