Saturday, January 16, 2010

500 Days of Summer & Little Anita

Admittedly, the title of this post sounds bad. But the content will hopefully be better. Today I thoroughly enjoyed some good food and a movie and feel compelled by the universe or habit to talk about them (surprise).

500 Days of Summer - Dang. This movie was my cup of tea. Non-linear. Very random, full of odd references ala Simpsons or Scrubs style comedy done in Sundance style. Of course, like most indie RomComs, this flick got a little too serious for itself near the end, but was a highly enjoyable experience. The sections with jokes parodying foreign films were awesome. Additionally, the split screen reality vs. expectations sequence was tremendous. Overall, it is a wonderful portrayal of the ecstasy and angst associated with the male crush. It pushed profanity to the limit of PG-13, so don't get upset with me for recommending (with two firm thumbs and lower lip nod of approval) a relatively unwholesome but seriously hilarious movie.

Little Anita's, New Mexican Foods - Dang. Sick probably isn't a good way to describe a restaurant, but that's my word. This place is SICK. To make the word even odder, I've appraised the food processing facility for this restaurant and can testify the food for this place is made in profound cleanliness. The owner explained that bleach, etc. does not kill germs, hot water does - at 500 degrees, 2x a day. Books can't stand it and neither can evil germs. I'd recommend this place to Howard Hughes or germaphobes if I could only guarantee the individual restaurants were run in such a fashion. I absolutely destroyed the breakfast burrito they brought out to me smothered in green chili and cheese. I know its polite or some sign of self-control to leave some food on your plate when you dine out to show others you are mature, cool, whatever. Today, I didn't give a rip. I cleaned that plate with pride. Mom, you would have been proud. My ex O-line coach and teammates would have demanded I order another! Corporate America and the core work-out video sadist would have been ashamed. Well bullocks to them. To top it all off, a tasty sopapilla is included with every meal (eat your heart out Casa Bonita). Its like going to New Mexico Mexican food heaven. The blue corn enchiladas with the green sauce are also quite good. No, SICK. Go there and leave your inhibitions at the door. http://www.littleanitas.com/

4 comments:

Katie said...

For more New Mexican, try Jack 'n' Grill and call us when you finish the 7-lb. breakfast burrito.

Fletch said...

Game on. However despite my build, I'm not much of a power eater; so I'll have to enlist some help to take it down.

Rock Solid said...

What would you compare this restaurant to?

Fletch said...

Hard to say. A semi-chain mom&pop mexican restaurant?