Sunday, January 03, 2010

Bleeding Orange and the Blues

I know I posted that the Broncos franchise was dead during pre-season and I was nearly ready to eat my hat after a 6-0 start. But the 2-8 finish was simply UNBEARABLE to watch after getting my hopes up. At least I got to put the A.1. Sauce away and save my hat for the rest of winter. And yes, even Darth Vader is wiping away a tear after missing the playoffs yet again due to a massive late season collapse.


I know, I know I should be happy with an 8-8 season, but it feels like deja-vu all over again from last season. Guess what? We're going to trade Brandon Marshall in the off season! Maybe even to Chicago! What a gas!!! Why don't we just do it all over again!?!

I know, I know, I know we are rebuilding and 8-8 is a fine way to start rebuilding. So I should just quit whining and enjoy the fact we caught 4 or 5 teams with their pants down and punched them in the mouth. And to think the name "McMastermind" was once floating around this town. To top off the angst of the season, our beloved "Barrel Man" super-fan died on December 5. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13934615. Rest in peace as you sail off into that great orange sunset. As for the living, we can only hope for next season.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Yes, 1998 seems like a very, very long time ago . . .

Since 1977 the longest the Broncos had gone without going to the Super Bowl was 9 years (77-86).

We're now at 12.

I have the key to our success: bring John Elway out of retirement. The man accounted for five out of the franchise's six Super Bowl appearances.

Fletch said...

So salty, but true. We've been spoiled around here though. We can come back becuase we have a good owner, but we appear to be a mess right now. I can only hope the McMastermind will draft and trade well.

H Fletcher said...

Why can we not get a decent QB on this team! I know it is not everything, but it sure would help.

Fletch said...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THE H-FACTOR MADE A COMMENT ABOUT FOOTBALL?

Surely this must have been done via proxy from El-husbando.

Daniel said...

Don't deny passion when it's manifested, F-Word.

H-Factor, way to represent!