Friday, May 29, 2009

End of the Road


That about sums it up. The Nuggets are done. Best season ever, and it ended with a reminder... Hey, these are the Denver Nuggets [SMACK]. Despite the horrid exit, I couldn't be happier, we have an off season to get better (get rid of K-mart) and get ready to smack others around next year, like the THUGetts we are (minus K-mart). WOOOOO! I say we need to get rid of... K-mart, let AC go and of course resign the Bird man, just so we can see new tats and hair-do's.

Honestly, I'm still so ticked I don't want to think about the game. The Nuggets did a self-fulfilling prophecy with the officiating. They played like they would be whistled and it showed. They let Confucius and Kobe's Oscar worthy whining get to them. Here they are mocking us at the end.


After watching the game, in disgust I changed the channel to Discovery and said "I want to watch something die." What showed up? Salmon trying to get past big bad Grizzly Bears. PERFECT! The following picture from the folks at Despair sums it up even better.


Sad to see it end, but very hopeful for next year. GO NUGGETS!!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Like an IN-famous US President once said, "I feel your pain!"

"In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day."
http://www.poemofquotes.com/depressing-quotes.php

Fletch said...

I've had a few days to cool off, but I'm still ticked. Who would have ever thought expectations could have run this high for the Nuggets? I hate having my hopes crushed by Kobe, the A-rod of Basketball. May he never win another championship get caught on female fertility drugs and banned from the leauge.

I've asked Jazz fans if they quit caring after their team looses and yes, I've lost significant interest. Only the blue "Nuggets" pill could bring it back.