Sunday, August 09, 2015

My Wife DESTROYS Hanging Lake

Flashing my wedding ring to show people my celebratory mood. 
Recently, my wife has become quite the running enthusiast. She has lots of nifty outfits, a belt with water and tons of supplements that I've never seen before. As a general rule, we almost never exercise together. So I was unprepared for her demonstration of fitness during our 16th anniversary retreat in the Mountains.

I set a brisk pace knowing she is now a champion of cardiovascular activity and didn't want to bore her. This is a popular hike and the trail is packed. So during a stop due to the line, I encouraged her to just run to the top thinking she would politely decline in a grandiose show of humility or admit that would be ludicrous. I was wrong. She took off at an unimaginable pace up the steep trail and I didn't see her until I reached the top despite my best efforts go as fast as I could.

Needless to say, she was appropriately smug when I rounded the corner panting and wheezing. My husbandly swagger took a considerable blow. I was starting to get nervous about her finding me pathetic so I decided to show her my best stuff at the waterfall.

I'm a maniac, MANIAC!! 
We also fawned over some rodent on the trail. There are gratuitous videos of this critter in the link below.

Doomed. 
I also ran down the trail in a fit of stupidity to show I could at least win one leg of the hike. Good thing I didn't kill myself. Here are some shots of my hike on the Rim Trail in Snowmass Village for posterity.

Snowmass Village from the Crest of the Rim Trail. 

My old man would have loved this. 
Here is the rest of the hike and my excursion on the Rim Trail in Snowmass Village.

https://goo.gl/photos/aYSfsxrdyfLkg8af6

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Yes, feel the burn!

I loved the photo album, especially the verdure, rodent, some of the poses, and the random dismembered animal limb...

Thanks for sharing!

Fletch said...

As they say at Chic-fil-a:

"My pleasure"

m.fletch said...

You think of EVERYTHING! !;- )

m.fletch said...

DELIGHTFUL! THX FOR SHARING! !

m.fletch said...

DELIGHTFUL! THX FOR SHARING! !