Friday, November 30, 2012

Real Wedding Vows

Forget Corinthians or holding hands while listening to Aerosmith's "Don't wanna miss a thing" song for vows; the following is the real deal:



Just prior to this scene Alec Baldwin delivers a classic line. Bacon is in the car with him freaking out before the wedding and he asks:

"Do you think I`m gonna be happy-I mean honestly?"

Baldwin responds:

"You want to be a writer and father, maybe it`ll work out, who knows?...
Yeah, you`ll be happy. You just won`t know it, that`s all."

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Choice.

Are the vows in Bacon's head or is the minister saying them? If the latter, is he affiliated with the wedding party somehow or is it just random humor?

Fletch said...

In this film, bacon is a writer with an active imagination that appears to overpower reality at times. Kinda like the modern cut-away stuff but the 80s version of it.

Daniel said...

Salad, and I'm afraid I'm failing to follow the modern cut-away reference.

Fletch said...

Since you are admirably on a general media fast, this references how most modern shows love to do quick cut away or dream sequences that portray some ridiculous fantasy or exaggeration of the conversation and jump back to reality. Scrubs and Family Guy are probably the best known for originally getting this going, but I see it all the time... which means I'm watching too much TV. I'll go hang myself now with my flaxen Gentile rope believing I'll only get beaten with a few stripes.

Daniel said...

Nice. I appreciate the explanation, thanks.

As for flaxen Gentile rope, I'll let you make that determination. May the Schwartz be with you.