Monday, April 30, 2012

Ghandi & Miller Time

I saw a great cartoon today from Drew Litton that speaks to the annual "Miller Time" phenomenon where I live.


In years past I posted about how I unleash my wrath on these insects when they overstay their welcome. http://fletchword.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-miller-time.html. However this year, I've made it my goal NOT TO KILL A SINGLE MOTH. Ghandi will now survive his hunger strike against my bloodthirsty lifestyle and spin clothes for my wife.

This oath may prove to be a bit difficult with my daughters screaming for vengeance as they encounter these harmless creatures in the house, but I'm determined to show I don't have to be mass murderer to please my children. In fact, I will also benefit from my pacifist policy by appeasing Asnar-Amash the moth creature also known as one of the ANCIENT AND UNSPEAKABLE ONES who will return before the oncoming GLOBAL SUPER APOCALYPSE (also known to Christians as the Second Comming). 

Nothing like hitting two moths with one swing of the swatter.

2 comments:

Jay said...

I have a new resolution as well: for every moth you don't kill, I will kill two. BOOM!

Daniel said...

May you kill/spare many. How plenteous have they been, this year? Would you say that you've had a plethora?

I think we have yet to encounter a single moth, while in the Ohio.