Sunday, April 01, 2012

Courageous

Yesterday was another stirring session of Priesthood at General Conference and I came away with a greater determination to do right by my family and the Lord. After this session I was also reminded of the movie Courageous, which I saw a few weeks ago on a recommendation. I knew the movie was produced by people not of my faith or denomination, but the theme of being a courageous father does not know denominational or even religious bounds, so I gave it a try and really enjoyed it.

You have to go into it knowing you will get a sermon, but its done in a reasonable manner and if anything I really appreciated seeing such a strong message about being a good husband and father from people outside of my faith. Here is a clip from the end of the movie that sums it all up, but I still recommend it for a Sunday afternoon.



Of course, I would invite you to also check our messages from the Priesthood session which all hit on the same theme of service and duty to your family and other over and over again. Here is a link to Elder Bednar's talk which in the context of his father's story is appropriate with the Courageous clip.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/04?lang=eng&vid=1540777249001&cid=3

No comments: