Friday, April 13, 2012

My Spousal Abandonment Poem

Once again the PCG has left the PMM for the weekend. Only poetry can express my deepest feelings. Now receive my emotional nudity:


Days of agony, so distraught, grieving with true pain,
Have to clean the house and I'm screaming your name.

I hate how time passes, not one comforting word,
Like a sheep among ruthless kids, I feel lost in the heard.

Before your cruel departure, wished I'd said goodbye,
Maybe then I could let go of the moment that you made me cry.

My dearest demanding Boss, our children look like you,
They are exquisite with beauty, deep eyes shades of blue.

I love you my Boss, my mentor, best friend,
Missing you more as each of these four days slowly ends.

I think of you fondly and wish to talk with you here,
Wondering how the food will be cooked without you anywhere near.

Yes, I'm still lost, Boss I loved you so much,
Hours have gone by, still remembering that touch.

You taught me to laugh, held me when I cried,
Told me not to be scared of the day that you flyed.

You hid all my secrets, to you I'd confide,
You were everything to me, Boss, why'd you shun my hide?

The clowns were gone, I thought you were free,
Why'd vacation take you from me, you're the reason I breathed.

I hate every Friday the 13th, 'cause that's when you left,
That was the day that once again...you left.

The doctor had told me this feeling would pass,
He said the weekend will go on and this pain wouldn't last.

The more that time passes, the more agony that I feel,
The more I miss your cleaning, and wish you were here.

I love you my boss, my mentor, best friend,
Wishing this blasted weekend will come to an end.

Me watching the van drive away...

3 comments:

Joe Schutte said...

Your use of a poem is a bit disturbing. Have you ever heard the axioms,

"There's some truth behind every joke"

and

"Many a truth is told in jest."

I think you should ask yourself if there are some issues with your wife that you have not fully evaluated? Best of luck to you.

Daniel said...

I commend you for your poem writing.

BTW, is that the dude from Dawson's Creek?

Rooster said...

Haha. That was so entertaining.

Between this post and your most recent, I see you are exploring new horizons in your writing endevours.

Carry on!