Saturday, November 19, 2011

Modmarket

I'm happy to report I've found a restaurant that serves a salad my mother would be proud of. Appropriately named - SUPERFOOD. It included Spinach, KALE, Beet slices, Carrot slices, Almonds, Grapes, Feta and Quinoa (Keen-wa). Delicious? Absolutely. Affordable? $5.50 for more than I could eat. Will I be going back? Of course.

I must confess I also tried the Arugula Pizza which included Prosciutto, Pear Gorgonzola and Olive Oil and was quite pleased. Good quality food and the atmosphere was contemporary with the warmth of the fire from the pizza oven glowing in the background. This place is a Panera Bread style establishment where you order, get your own drink, sit down and wait for them to call your order - Good meal without the cost of a tip. Instead of featuring a bakery, they offer wood cooked pizzas and specialize in salads. If anything, I'd describe it as California Cafe Express. I don't know that I've tried enough of the menu to give it a rave review, but I will definitely be going back. I've heard the natural sodas are fabulous as well. This place is located where Blockbuster used to be at Arapahoe and Yosemite. Here are the photos.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blockbuster, wherefor art thou? Wow, to hear that place is gone -- it's like my childhood has gone the way of all the earth.

Regarding the salad place: Salad. You had me at KALE.

Maybe I'll stop in the next time I return to my stomping grounds.