Friday, November 26, 2010

Tangled & Choked-up

Disney and the Princess movie are back! [Did I just say that?] This movie is outstanding entertainment. El-Burr and I just went to see this on our daddy-daughter date and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I don't think Disney has put together a movie of this caliber since Beauty and the Beast. The songs were very enjoyable, clever and Alan Menken did a fantastic job. The animation seemed flawless and the visuals were beautiful.  MAXIMUS the stallion kept me laughing throughout. Go ahead and poke fun at me. This is a classic. [Am I still a bit excited over a princess movie?]


Any cons with this film? Only one...

I'm sick and tired of getting choked up in these Disney/Pixar animated cartoons. At least these 3-D movies come in a very dark room. I did my best to suppress my sniffles so the random dad next to me wouldn't elbow me in the face for being such a pansy. The boss wasn't there so I got no wife points, and I'm pretty sure most little girls find these "awkward" moments as a sign of weakness and I'll loose my disciplinary power. But thankfully no one seemed to notice. Between that boat sequence and the end, I was a mess.

On a whole, this movie represents Disney finally catching up with Pixar magic and Shrek humor and hitting a home run. Two thumbs up, 4-stars, slap-my-knee and call me silly, feel good movie. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Well, F-Word, I'm glad to hear you're "see[ing] the good in the world."

I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed the film so much.

Please tell the boss I give you my vote for 50 wife points.

Just make sure you get really prideful, macho, and unrelenting for the holy war on Saturday. (Assuming its available.)

Fletch said...

You can mock my terrible usage of "" and [] but I'll never stop.

Daniel said...

What makes you think I was mocking your usage of quotes and brackets?

I modified BYUTV's "see the good in the world" quote.

Seth Jenson said...

I tried to take my wife to see it on Friday and it was sold out. Note to self: Don't try to go see a little girl movie in Parker the day after Thanksgiving and expect it not be to sold out.

wylie said...

K- I am crying reading this post right now. Hi-lar-i-ous! Although I do agree. I got choked up too! I will make you a copy of the soundtrack!