Monday, September 27, 2010

Anemic

Ticked. I'm straight up ticked off. If I told you the Broncos would throw for nearly 500 yards in one game and have only 1 TD on offense you'd think I was crazy. Seriously. If you can torch a team for that much through the air there should be some room to punch in the ball in the red zone. I'm gonna get out my Nostra-Fletch-a-Damus beard and hat and predict here and now: THIS IS A BAD OMEN FOR OUR TEAM. 

I know it was the Colts, led by football cyborg Peyton Manning, but they were very beatable yesterday. "But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!" - Well said Denny Greene. When a team can only rush for 47 yards (10 on one play) and has to make some white guy from BYU their star receiver and they still win on the road... its a bad omen for our team.

[Truthfully, I'm happy Austin Collie is doing well in the pros, but COME ON MAN!!! Must it be against my team?]

How can I possibly be complaining? We lost by 14. Some would say we should be grateful to have lost by less than 20. However, the performance dictates otherwise. Anemia is my diagnosis for our woes. If we had a RED-BLOODED offense, we could be 3-0 right now. But for some reason, we can't score from within 20 to save our lives. So anemia claims another victim.

Perhaps it really is some voodoo thing like a Death-eater cursing our running game or the other team wears Red-Zone deodorant and we just fall to pieces at the smell. I don't know. I'm just looking for answers and want to go feed the whole offense 60 oz steaks and spinach for a week and see if it helps. The following video sums up my frustration.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Thank you for the palate cleanser: I thought I would have the vomit taste in my mouth for days to come!