Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love & Pizza

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary! Today marks 12 years of blissful employment with the Boss. Yesterday we celebrated with some Neapolitan pizza from Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria in the Vallagio. The Sicilian was very fresh, wonderful crust, amazing Ricotta, can't go wrong. Two can split a pizza for about $17 and be very satisfied. Jake suggested we try the chicken wings, which were excellent. They reminded me of my mother's clay pot chicken.

Next we headed over to the sold-out Landmark for Crazy Stupid Love... a great description of why I haven't been fired yet. This movie had me cracking up right from the get-go and didn't let up. Carrel learning to become a womanizer was hilarious. And let's not forget a STELLAR performance by Josh Groban. Its sad to say, but the Boss had to point him out to me (Sorry Josh - you know Oprah and I still love you). There was a significant plot twist near the end (which I shall not give away) that had me rolling. Plus, Kevin Bacon continues to expand his empire. Can't miss with this flick for a date night.

My biggest problem with this movie is the yard work. After getting the ax, Cal still goes back to his house at night and prunes the rose garden, fertilizes flowers, aerates the lawn... at this point the Boss leans over -- "Look how much he loves her!" I admit, I completely stink at yard work. Marginal forced labor as a child with a push mower scarred me for life. And now I'm paying for it... I hate you Cal.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Happy 12th!

Glad you enjoyed the za and the show. May Josh Groban and the yard forgive you.