Saturday, July 02, 2011

Lionel Richie IS THE MAN

As I relax on this wonderful holiday weekend, I turn to the great music of the past that embodies the spirit of freedom of expression through music. Although I was too macho to admit I got misty when this song came on the radio as a youth, I can now own up to it. This video is simply amazing!


No one rocked geri curls better than Lionel. The whole plot of forbidden love between a music teacher and a blind student is timeless. Name me one other video with sultry braille reading followed by a life sized bust of the singer that could double as a chia-head. The ending was tribute to the beauty and power of love to overcome all obstacles. Even blindness.

I'm disgusted with most of today's music. Where are the good times? The good feelings? Gone forever. At least we can look back and say, Hello!

4 comments:

Rock Solid said...

I am not sure exactly what it is but I can not help myself from laughing when I watch this video. It really is a great song though. This is truly a feel good song.

Rock Solid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Wow, is this supposed to feel as creepy as that Police song with the lyrics, "Don't stand so close to me?"

Seems like this one's even more over the top . . .

Good times.

Anonymous said...

If you both have the same hair-do, the relationship is doomed.