Tuesday, October 05, 2010

To Heck with Halloween

Its seems this is becoming an annual tradition for me to bash on Halloween. But I have good reason this year. It falls on a Sunday. Name me another American holiday that is not compatible with Sabbath observance!

This year I actually was looking forward to Halloween so I could be the MIND CONTROL guy from dinner for Schmucks with the partial turtle-neck. I was even going to get a fake beard. But now I don't care and I've seen the light. Here are some great quotes from an article on why the celebration of this holiday is flat out wrong. http://laststophell.com/hell/halloween.html

"Consider for a moment the symbolism of Halloween. What has that symbolism to do with the true God or Christianity? The symbols of Halloween are blackness and darkness. These are symbols of Satan. God is light and there is no darkness in Him (I John 1:5). Does the symbolism surrounding this holiday reflect what God would appreciate? Does this holiday, with it’s dark symbolism, seem like something God would accept from us? Would Jesus Christ celebrate Halloween, considering its symbolism and images? 
Halloween is the very antithesis of Christianity. Jesus Christ tells us in John 8:12, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." God further tells us, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20)."
Now consider Christmas. I'll freely admit it is full of Pagan symbols, but at least we can find good meaning in them that lifts and inspires us to believe in Christ. Can we really follow the 13th article of faith and celebrate this festival of death, lasciviousness and darkness?

"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
Yep. Halloween is completely, utterly and totally evil... AND WE LOVE IT!!! I'll see all of you at the trunk-or-treat and any costume party I may be invited to (maybe not after this post). So happy Halloween and here's to hoping God will only beat us with a few stripes for celebrating it.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Love the jpg. Which, by the way, reminds me, have you read about Google's WebP, jpg replacement?

The Biblical condemnation reminds me of pamphlets I saw in Peru on the subject. Good times.

I think the official stance on Halloween is that it's kosher so long as we leave the masks, secret combinations, devil worship, peeping wizards, and candy corn at home. Oh wait, I guess that last one is technically stomachable (though I think I'd rather drink stomach acid).

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. You blast Halloween with scriptures then openly state you plan to rebel against God's word and mock one of his scriptures. Perhaps your blog should say "To Heck with The Fletch Word" becuase you are clearly going to be thrust down to hell for your lightminded, sacreligous satire that I don't appreciate. Time to think of something else to write or quite altogether.

Don't you have a job or a family to support rather than writing such utter nonsense and rubbish? This is the last time I'll allow you to ruin my day and I'll never read this concentrated pile of insect droppings again. Just a friendly reminder, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL.

Daniel said...

Well said, Anon.

F-Word, let me know when you're closing up shop, and I will host a going-out-of-business post for you.

Fletch said...

Spineless "anonymous" looser rants can't stop the F-Word. What a tool.