Sunday, November 29, 2009

Psycho Ex-Girlfriend

Some of you may know my theory about Max Hall. He's not the QB at BYU, he's a crazy ex-girlfriend to the program. What could I possibly mean by that?

He's like that girl you used to date where one moment, she blows your mind and you are so happy, but a week later, she's doing something psychotic. Like leading game winning drives with cool consistency, then turning around and throwing 5 interceptions when it matters most. Can't trust that kind of chick. Drives you are your homies nuts. Yep, he's a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Want further proof? Crazy chicks love to talk trash they can't back up. Especially when nothing is left on the line. Check out these pouty quotes after beating Utah:

"I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, their fans. I hate everything," "It felt really good to send those guys home." "I think the whole university and their fans and the organization is classless," "They threw beer on my family and stuff last year and did a whole bunch of nasty things. I don't respect them and they deserved to lose."

Anyone waiting for him to pull a knife out of his shoulder pads? Can you see that crazy look in his eyes? I'll never forget it from the blowout last year. This guy gets that look in his eyes and it freaks me out. I'm amazed Bronco is still alive. His wife may want to consider a restraining order. Can you imagine dating one of his daughters? I wonder if "crazy ex-girlfriend syndrome" is a box scouts can check at the NFL combine?

Bottom line: Max, your comments were way out of line, demonstrate no class or sportsmanship and I'm embarrassed for our program. They prove my point that you are nuts and we'll all breathe a sigh of relief once you are gone, but we'll always be looking over our shoulder.

Props to Andrew George, dubbed "the man with two first names" by Sports Center for your game winning catch and making us proud back in the motherland.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

I dare say we wouldn't have read/heard about these comments had the game gone the other way . . .

I agree that what people supposedly did to his family is messed up (and from what I've read he took a LOT of guff in Utahr), but this definitely wasn't the best way to "vent" about it and not what I would expect from a seasoned veteran.

If he wants to rant about it to his blokes outside the press conference, fine, but when he's in the media room, he's representing much more than just himself.

At least he didn't say anything about pumping gas, I guess.

Oh yes and props to my former (team) mate for hauling in the OT winner.

Jay said...

Alright, guys. Come him some slack. I am the first to admit that I SCREAM at him on TV when he sucks (just check my most recent texts to my friend Rob), but... you know, he IS the "winningest" QB in BYU HISTORY! The guy has more wins, more yards, and more EVERYTHING than anyone that has walked across that field. Oh, and he has more wins than any QB in the ENTIRE MWC, not just BYU. I agree that he has not been on his game ALL season and it has driven me to more than one "I hate BYU" frenzy... but in the end, he led one of the best record-setting BYU teams to victory from day one. I applaud him.


As far as what he said about Utah. I welcome it and I am not upset that he said it. He is showing some fire! Think about it, his family was attacked by Utah people. He was defending them. I would be outraged too and I would be saying the same things he did if people had done to my family what they did to his. When it comes to protecting your family, everything else goes out the window.


Max, you sucked this year. But you were also amazing, and the best QB BYU has ever had. Glad I got to follow your career.

Fletch said...

J - your point about him winning games, records, etc. is exactly my point. He does great stuff, makes you swoon, but then goes nuts.

As for protecting his family, he just made it worse for every BYU fan that will ever go up to SLC for a game. If he's serious about that, he should be pressing charges or going after security at the games. Smack talk after the fact only shows he's a hot-head who looses his cool, a bad habit for a QB.

In fairness, he's performed well and deserves credit for that. He'll likely go down in BYU history as a winner, with a crazy temper. As the great Joel Bauer would say - "Life isn't about being liked... its about being effective."

Daniel said...

Well said, F-Word, leave the serious stuff to the abogados (attorneys).

I think you wrapped it up pretty succinctly.