Friday, November 27, 2009

The Agony of Thanksgiving

Yesterday was not a very good thanksgiving for me. On Wed. night I played full court basket ball for 2 hours and wore myself out. The following morning, I decided to participate in the annual turkey bowl and twisted my back as I slipped while blitzing the quarterback. After 20 mins of stretching, I called it quits, when home and laid around all day... like I normally would on Thanksgiving, only this time "in genuine agony."

Guess what I'm thankful for? A life lived without back pain up till now. A large TV with instant Netflix to keep me company. Kids who decided to help their decrepit old man. A wife shouldering the burden of family life with no husband. This is one good reason we marry and reproduce; so others can take care of us while we are damaged.

Kevin also deserves many thanks for sharing his ice-pack strap with me and tons of helpful tips.

I'd also like to thank Arthur for providing some great 70's drunkard humor while I endured one breath to the next.

Barry, I don't even want to think about how this injury would go if I actually needed your help. And for that, I'm thankful.

Finally, I'm thankful for Josh McDaniel's tremendous use of profanity to motivate the Broncos to a much needed 26-6 thanksgiving day win, stopping a 4-game slide. Hope you all had a more pleasant day than I did.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Sheesh.

I would have thought a Broncos' victory would have wiped away all memory of pain and agony . . .

Fletch said...

Unfortunately, I was curled into the fetal position waiting for death while the game was on and fell asleep around 7:00 PM. I watched it on DVR the following morning.

Daniel said...

Rough.

Here's to DVR.

Rock Solid said...

Sorry to hear of your pain. I pulled both hamstrings playing football last year and I was not about to relive those moments again.