Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dear Barry

You told me you were all about change. The Audacity of Hope. Prove it. Bring it. I don't want a public option, trillions of dollars in debt for loaded bills that no one reads or really cool windmills. The world is going to hell in a hand-basket. The Bible says so. Why not bother to change the one thing that matters, which the Bible is silent on? I know you want to change the BCS. In case you forgot. Here are your words from the gossip rag, 60 Minutes:

Now is the time for change. I DEMAND IT!!! If my kids have to live under the scourge of ludicrous debt and poor health care for all, I want them to at least have a legit college playoff with a bonafide National Champion. After all, sports will save us from an Orwellian nightmare of Massive Oligarchical Collectivist distopia. As you said, "This is important!"

Perhaps you think I'm getting riled up with delusions of grandeur that BYU has a shot this year. In case you didn't notice, our psychopath at quarterback nearly flipped out again in our stunning win over Oklahoma tonight. I have no title aspirations for my Cougars. But I want equality. Truth. Justice. If you want to go after fat-cats who oppress the downtrodden, fix the BCS. Raise a tribunal on those greedy punks that will make the steroid hearings a joke. Pander to me. Give me red meat.

If you break up the BCS, I will vote for you in 3 years. Depending on how the playoff system works out and if I have my fingers crossed right now as I type (amazing, I know). In politics we prize the middle ground and this is it. Make the American people proud. Cement your legacy and save us from M.O.C. distopia. Destroy the anti-trust BCS system. Be a man. Make it happen. YES YOU CAN!!! [Woooooo...]

Perhaps you are asking how? This is probably the most difficult task on the planet besides global warming and ensuring the new Green Religion is not separated from the state. Just use the trick you pulled to beat out Hillary. I'm sure those sadistic, toadish oppressors of the BCS will cave to your irresistible power:

7 comments:

Daniel said...

GET OUT THE VOTE, MAN, YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

The President has better things to do than fix football. Your notion that sports will save the world is delusional and calls into question your mental sanity. Start living your own life instead of vicariously through teams that have no real impact on you personally. You are probably one of those insufferable fathers who screams at a 5 year old soccer game. I hope your children survive the toxic sports enviroment you are raising them in.

Kev said...

I disagree. While most sports fans are idiots, being a fan does not inherently make you stupid.

http://specialkindofstupid.com/2008/03/21/most-sports-fans-are-complete-idiots/

Madsen Family said...

I am totoally laughing at teh anonymous post. This person obviously dos not know you or they woud know you are being scartastic. How do random people like that get to comment on your blog anyway???

So do you not think that BYU has a shot. hat is this about a crazy quarterback. We live in no cable land so I never get to watch the games. Do you know if you can watch them on the internet ? Hugs!!!

Fletch said...

Madsen Fam: You raise a good point. Until the MWC decides to end their tyranical and oppressive TV contract, they will not have the BCS recognition becuase Karma and the Universe are against them.

I think BYU will have a good season, a bowl appearance, but I don't see them crashing the BCS like the team up north did last year.

Julie Fletcher said...

Wow I can't believe that it has been over 10 days since your last post. There has to be something you can talk about. Surprised that there wasn't a comment on Sundays game. By the way anonymous loved your comment I think I know who posted that one.

Julie Fletcher said...

One more thing when are you coming home?