Saturday, June 27, 2009

Who's Bad?

The King is dead. I'm no major Michael Jackson fan, but I've always enjoyed his classics: Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat it, Bad, The Girl is Mine (feat. Paul McCartney) the list goes on. I don't really care about how he died, but now that he has gone on to that big never-never land ranch in the sky, I'd like to share a few quotes from my elders about the self-proclaimed King of Pop:

Grandma Fletcher [in a moment of disgust]: "Ooooohhhh that Micheal Jackson!"

Mom [went something like this]: "Isaiah says that in the last days men shall call bad good and good bad. This Michael Jackson is doing that! This is the end of the word."

(It basically went like that... I won't even begin to tell you about the time she pulled out the lyrics on my Dr. Feelgood Motley Crue album. Needless to say, no mother should ever read aloud their lyrics)

Jackson gave us some great moments. I'd say he was one of the most influential music video artists ever, with Thriller and that SICK dance. Best. Dance. Ever.




If I could have one day of coordination, I'd do the thriller dance and the Moon-walk for at least 2 hours. I'd also throw in a high-pitched, Wooooo! The rest would be spent break-dancing and playing basketball like a real person.

Will I miss the guy? Absolutely not. The man was done 15 years ago, along with his face. I almost find his death to be an act of mercy to himself, his surgeon, tabloid reporters, those veiled kids and Macaulay Culkin. R.I.P. Michael, may you be able to wear your sparkly glove into heaven.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Great post, F-Word.

My wife and I whole-heartedly agree with you.

It's always nice to have a little MJ popup on my Pandora throughout the day.

Too bad he had to have all of that stuff go down in his life . . . just another example of why having a good father is so critical.

Anonymous said...

Ladies and gentlemen, Micheal Jackson became an Alien. Think to yourself, If i were an ailen, what would I do to get in good favor with humans diplomatically? Well, you'd probably marry someone of royalty.. a princess maybe. You know, THE KING, Elvis Presley.. Lisa Marie Presley.. see where I'm going? You'd probably also want to be completely neutral of any race or gender. You'd be both black/white, male/female, young/old (amazing political move). This way, every single person would be able to relate to you in some way. Remember Michael Jackson's TRADEMARK move in the 80s, wasn't it called .. MOONWALK? Hey, I wonder where he could learn to moonwalk?