Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What Adam Should be Singing

I'm going off the deep end. I sort of watched American Idol for a second week in a row. I should qualify that by saying I skipped through all of the performances, except for Adam Lambert and only watched Simon's comments. Yes, that is the show for me.

I unfortunately caught Paula giving yet another 'guru' somber and self-important line to Adam: "You dare to walk the path of greatness." Please. I'm convinced she has a comment coach that she works with or just practices in the mirror. So bad its almost entertaining.

After watching yet another great performance by Mr. Lambert, I've decided he was born in the wrong era. He should have been born in the early 70s so he could have capitalized on his talent as the greatest hair metal singer EVER. Just think about it. Here are a few guys of a similar style that he would blow out of the arena:

Rob Halford - Judas Priest
Bruce Dickenson - Iron Maiden (he also had a great SNL sketch with the Cowbell)
Joel DuBay - Powermad
Meatloaf - Meatloaf (Maybe he has a real name, but I don't care)
Skid Row - Sebastian Bach

Now that I've named a few stars imagine A-Lamb singing some of their greatest hits. They are on the left if you care to hear the old inferior versions.

Turbo Lover
Run to the Hills
Slaughterhouse
I would do Anything for Love
18 and Life

Too bad AI is so obsessed with pop music to stop this guy from finding his true calling as the world's greatest metal singer of all times.

Adam if you or the secret spies of AI are reading this, give up the pop, its time to rock. Perform these five songs for the rest of the season and you will become immortal.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Awesome post. I agree, he's right up there with the likes (and voice type/talent) of Steven Tyler.

No wait... he's way better. As a matter fact, I can't think of a single singer out there, past or present, that is better than him. A-Lamb is the A-Bomb!

...and yes, Paula, you can use that line on the next show.

Megan Dougherty said...

Adam definitely is fun to watch, however I have to change the subject. After listening to a few of the songs on your list I noticed that you have "Bubbly" on your playlist (one of my favs), but very chicky. Go Jon! Way to get in touch with your sensitive side!

Jay said...

I know who I was thinking of: he reminds me of Robert Plant. Amazing voice. GO A-LAMB!

Daniel said...

Intriguing.

I think I'd have to agree.

However, I don't know if I feel more disturbed or simply amused by your interest in "A-Lamb" . . .

Fletch said...

Hey,
The guy is an amazing hair metal talent. Besides, I get stuck on themes or topics occasionally.