Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary!

The 7 year itch. I'll be wearing my traditional wool clothing to remind me of the longevity of my marriage. I don't want to bust out a wife-a-money here, but Jules is the best thing that ever happened to me. On our special evening, we decided to finally fulfill a desperate yearning that we've been holding out on since we first tied the knot. MAN WAS I EXCITED!!! I rushed home from work with flowers, a bottle of martinelli's, box of See's truffles, and spritzed on some cologne. Then I proceeded to check our reservations at the Hilton. Still good. We would finally do it...EAT AT BENNIHANA'S!! Let me say this. It lived up to the hype. I had fun sitting at the cooking table and getting to know some people over dinner. We sat next to a couple of teachers and everyone was in good spirits. I ordered some crazy grape-fruit, cucumber beverage out of the following mug:

Once our performer came to the table, he made butter "fly" and lit up a volcano for us! I have to say I like shrimp, but do not love it. However, this shrimp was the best shrimp I've ever had. P-E-R-I-uh-D. Not breaded or fried, just the real deal, lemon, butter and fire. M-m-M-m-M!! Then I busted out the julian beef with green onions. The Shizniz. Jules couldn't keep her hands off it (ouch).

Bottom Line: If you haven't gone, it is worth it. At least at the Hilton in Vegas.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your opening paragraph was tasteless and tacky. If I was your wife, I'd leave you for writing that. Get a life.

Anonymous said...

How fun!
I was totally blown away that you can put such recent pics in this format.
I really enjoy your creative writing and your sparkling humor.
Thanks for including me.
Luv you! Mums

Anonymous said...

You sound like the most sensitive and caring man in cyberspace. Your Blog is an inspiration for me. Don't stop doing that thing that you do. I bet your wife feels like the luckiest woman on earth and can't wait to make you dinner.