Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Bruce, Jeff Holland, The Last Jedi & Jerome - Pt 3

One thing in the last year that has really hit home with me is how I treat my children. I've never hit them, but I've done my share of yelling and loss of temper. This personal talk from Elder Holland really hit home with me that even future Apostles struggle to leave the cares of the day at the work and be kind when they get home. But I hope that I can always hold them within the clasp of my arms as discussed below:



One hard lesson I learned early on in life is that its hard to grow up and even be an adult later on in life without your father. I love my kids more than anything on this planet and want to make sure they will never be asked to do things alone.

You might think this is a complaint against my Heavenly Father for taking my dad away from me when I was 15. But its quite the opposite. I know with a surety more powerful than any of my five senses that my dad is very much alive, loves me and from time to time has been with me in good times and bad.

“You should not have left him alone to do this difficult thing. It would not have been asked of you.”

And so I will not leave my kids alone to do difficult things. I know my dad has been with me; especially in recent days. This gives me hope that there is something better in the life to come and no matter what; the cost of the journey in this life will be worth it in the end.

3 comments:

Collette Jeffs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Collette Jeffs said...

I really enjoyed this talk, it had so much truth to it! I enjoyed his comment about if we fail to teach in the home then the chance that some church leader can reach them is way less. Also everything he shared really hits the heart and inspires to do better, it reminds me of his 2007 talk :
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2007/04/the-tongue-of-angels?lang=eng.


Collette Jeffs said...

Btw, thanks for sharing ❤️