Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Blood & The Bees

Last Saturday was one to remember.

My fraternity brothers and I pledged to help someone demolish a massive rotting deck in the back yard. 30 foot roll-off? Ordered. Saws, crowbars, sledgehammers and face masks? Ready. I just didn't count on the the blood and the bees.

FIRST BLOOD: I've got some hair metal music going in my brain, so I pick up a large piece of cut up deck and haul it over to the roll off. Feeling rather macho, I tossed it in but felt a snag near my right elbow. I figured it was just a scratch:

ITS JUST A FLESH WOUND!
Next, the wasps found me. And why not? I'm highly marbled meat. Actually, they were not pleased with a crowbar being swung into their home. I got bit a couple of times and went to go grab two cans of wasp death spray at my house. Upon my return, a fellow frat brother and I determined to lift up one of the rotted planks and hose the buggers down. Bad idea. Opening two cans of death spray is not enough. I got stung above my ear, on my face, hip and several other places. I yelped and rolled on the ground into some dog poo. Onlookers said it was very undignified.


Hot Rod got it much worse than me. He got stung like 20-30 times and wound up cutting his arm twice as bad as mine. Yep, good times with the EQ on a Saturday. Sometimes I feel like we are the Red Shirts of the ward.

I've said this a bunch in the past, but I now know it to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt with every fiber of my being:

4 comments:

m.fletch said...

Thank heavens for the ultimate power of LYSOL [brown bottle with the yellow lid]
Soak the area incised if possible in clean water to at least an inch above the injury but 1st add Lysol liquid [the size of a dime] into the water. Soak the area for 5 minutes. Good idea to repeat this soaking process, a.m.,and p.m.It's the best defense against infection, bar none! If the area is too difficult to immerse, take a clean Q-tip and wet it in clean water then dip it into the Lysol liquid and apply to the wound.
Do repeat this process a.m. and p.m. until no sign of redness in the wound area.
It is THE CHEAPEST and THE BEST wound healer on the planet earth!

BOLTMAN said...

Omg ive missed your blogs halarious

Daniel said...

So good to have Dr. Mom available to heal blog wounds. :-)

I loved the multiple movie references. "They're sting crazy!". Any other videos/photos to share for horcrux and posterity?

I will try to remember to be cautious with wasps and death spray!

"Moon river!"

Rock Solid said...

If it makes you feel any better I got eaten alive by chiggers this summer. I had like 26 bites at one time. Hopefully wasp stings heal more quickly. Thanks for all thr tips. I enjoyed the drama.