Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thundering Three Year-olds

I have an ax to grind with my chapel. In the 90s when it was constructed some ill-informed architect decided to build with a sub-floor and not on a concrete slab. Doesn't SOUND like a big deal does it? Until your 3 year old daughter who weighs about 35-lbs soaking wet can run down the hallway and it sounds like this:


HONESTLY. What is the blazes of all the saints and pioneer patrons were they thinking? It almost couldn't be louder if they tried. This is my reaction every time my kids get loose in the building:


In honor of  the impending Pioneer Day and the era when a Bishop could apply tithing funds to... whatever, I DEMAND THEY TAKE WHATEVER THEY NEED FROM MY TITHING TO PUT SOME BLASTED INSULATION IN THE SUB-FLOORING. 

I'm fairly certain this can be done.

http://learn.builddirect.com/home-improvement-info/sound-transmission/

Upon completion I'll be able to take my unruly children to the foyer and it will actually be quiet for those in the chapel. My plea tonight to any leader able to make a difference:

7 comments:

Daniel said...

I suggest you set up a walkout date: if the buffalo thunder remains by the walkout date, walk out! Let then know they can't hold you hostage to first world problems and ill-advised architects!!

Fletch said...

AMEN and AMEN! Hard to feel spiritual with kids raising Jumanji chaos in the hallways.

The last thing this church needs is 1,500 3-year old disciples rampaging through these halls. It jeopardizes the patron's ability to effectively feel the spirit.

Daniel said...

And it scares the horses.

m.fletch said...

How you 2 hit 'the nail' on the head with your hilarious photos and to the point words! I support you 100%...why? ...I been there, lived there, herd(this spelling drives it home..) it and FELT it too!

m.fletch said...

How you 2 hit 'the nail' on the head with your hilarious photos and to the point words! I support you 100%...why? ...I been there, lived there, herd(this spelling drives it home..) it and FELT it too!

m.fletch said...

I'm a chuck ' lin too!

m.fletch said...

I'm a chuck ' lin too!