Sunday, May 10, 2015

I'm Dreaming of a White Mother's Day

The undisclosed Rocky Mountain location of my residence has been getting a ton of rain for the past week. Last night, it turned into snow. I know why this happened. Someone with no social tact thought a blanket of white snow would be a nice gesture.



At 11:30 PM on Monther's Day Eve, I went out to shake the trees and spare the branches from breaking. This is what I saw:


Yep, nature reminds us that motherhood leads to things beginning to sag as new life emerges. While smacking the trees like a moron without a hat, I got 30 lbs of snow in my face. It was the first time in my life I've gotten a brain freeze from the outside. Let's just say it was quite painful... and a reminder of what happens to fathers when mothers dump their icy wrath on them. 

Earlier that evening I hung out with the Boss but she left to get her nails done by a neighbor who makes excellent Virgin Mint Mojitos. I began to panic that she wasn't coming back so I sent the following text message:


I've got this emotionally vulnerable/available thing down! I bet the Boss brags on it all the time. 

Next, in an effort to reduce my carbon footprint and do Mother Earth a solid, I texted the Boss my Mother's Day card as follows:


Yes, I really know how to lather it on. We're talking hot. barbershop. menthol. LATHER. Here's what I mean. Check out this amazing breakfast I prepared and served for the obligatory meal in bed. 


$20 says none of you have ever had such a novel breakfast in bed. But this isn't all. While walking in with the above plate of culinary genius, I had the following song playing:


Coco absolutely loved it! Can't say the Boss did, but I think its a precious song that will have to come back each year. Maybe I can get Salt Lake to add it to the Children's Songbook for extra legitimacy. Its been a wonderful day and I'm so blessed to have my own exemplary mom and a beautiful partner whom my kids call Mother. 

3 comments:

Daniel said...

So many choice personal memories: outer-induced brain freeze, sagging parts, weeping men, storm trooper cards, and a contact label that reads "a wife."

Thank you for consistently sharing your intimate horcrux moments with us. The dark lord is proud.

Daniel said...

Weird. I put another line in carrot brackets, and it appears to have been eaten: looking forward to the June post. Using my crystal ball powers of prediction, I foresee a post about King James and the woes of the summer sports drought.

Daniel said...

Weird. I put another line in carrot brackets, and it appears to have been eaten: looking forward to the June post. Using my crystal ball powers of prediction, I foresee a post about King James and the woes of the summer sports drought.