Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Treasure in Heaven

I came across this video a few weeks ago and I've gone back to it several times to watch with my kids and family. It presents the story of John Tanner financially saving the Kirtland Temple and his critical support to the Kingdom in the early days of the church.

 


Most days I'm trying to make as much money as possible for my own family's needs and security. I gladly pay tithing, fast offerings and make other donations monetarily and with personal service. But after watching this I truly reached a deeper appreciation of the faith the early Saints had to place everything on the altar for God. I think my favorite part of the video was seeing Joseph's gratitude or a reflection of the Lord's appreciation when we give our all in His service with no thought of reward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely one of my favorite Church films.