Monday, August 20, 2012

Phyllis Wisdom

This is very random, (surprise) but after hearing about Phyllis Diller's death today, I decided to look up some of her great quotes / one-liners. Here are eight pearls of wisdom:

  1. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. 
  2. Aim high, and you won't shoot your foot off. 
  3. I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them. 
  4. My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor. 
  5. My photographs don't do me justice - they just look like me. 
  6. The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public. 
  7. We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up.
  8. Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. 



8 comments:

El cocodrillo said...

Where is your like button?

And why don't you start posting this stuff on facebook? Its your ticket to fame....I'm telling ya

Rooster said...

Because people would then know his real identity, duh!

You're such an idiot sometimes.

El cocodrillo said...

In this world of journalistic plagerism, I could just copy and put it on mine with a link to his blog. Then no one would ever know...

Rooster said...

You are such an idiot!! A dunce - Cocodrillo, shut up! Is the Obama campaign paying you for this hogwash?

Daniel said...

Love it. On the other hand, I want to know where the +1 button is.

Remember F-Word, Big Brother is watching you, and I have substantial connections in big places . . .

Fletch said...

If I had been drinking soda it would have come out of my nose when reading that volley.

Words can't express my joy.

And I'll get the buttons back.

Fletch said...

THE BUTTONS ARE BAAAACK!

My identity will now be compromised.

Daniel said...

W00t.