Monday, February 28, 2011

Movie Club part VII

Here are some flicks I've seen lately that were definitely interesting that may have been off the radar for a few of you (all 2.3 of you).

Outsourced: This is the 2006 movie that spawned the NBC sitcom about an American running a call center in India. Not a good commercial. I've never watched the TV show, but the movie found its way into my instant queue on Netflix and I loved it. I was half expecting a major hate festival on American companies that export jobs overseas, but it was really about the manager and his transformation during his time in India. Tons of awkward laughs and cultural insight. Check it out if you have not already.

Love Happens: This flick is recent starring J. Aniston and A. Eckhart. I thought it was a typical date movie that was going to stink, but it has a horribly misleading title. This is a film about grieving, lying and hypocrisy. The protagonist is a motivational speaker/Ph.D who lost his wife and now helps grieving people feel "A-okay!" Only problem is he doesn't drink his own kool-aid. It was interesting to watch someone try to do something good and actually help people, but can't seem to live or accept what he is teaching. It reminded me a lot of how awkward it can feel to try and share the Gospel with people when you don't feel happy about your own life. Interesting character to hate and root for at the same time. Or am I just talking about myself?

GATOR TURNS 2: Quick note. Never start a birthday off with just a doughnut in the morning and some presents. They will be overwhelmed, and crash big time. This kid spent 10 mins with his face in the floor of the foyer at church trying to win an Oscar with his weeping. Nevertheless, Mr. Adorable fought back to enjoy his party with friends and family and added "go" to his vocabulary. Aaaah! Uh-oh and go. The only 3 words you need to lead a simple and profound life.  

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Thanks for the shout out -- I'm proud to represent 43% of the off-the-radar crowd.

Where can I see GATOR TURNS 2? Is it available in 3D?