Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Nothing is what it Seems / TS3 Review

Last night I finished the dishes and settled down to watch the Spanish Prisoner while the Boss went shopping for school supplies. She proclaimed her mission to be top-priority. Absolutely Critical. I chided her that she'd be back by 10PM. Boy was I wrong.


First off, I'm watching a movie drier than the Sahara desert with no score (which was good at first, but them I got frustrated that no one was telling me what to feel, so I got upset) and is full of things that are not what they seem. At about 10:15, the Boss calls and tells me she's been watching the Bachelorette for like 3 hours, no shopping done. ???? I'm ready to go look in the mirror and see if I'm the same person and check that the kids are still in bed. Even if it was school supplies, I've never known her to shut down shopping alone, away from my whining and the kids. And for the Bachelorette... Absolute Scandal.

Not really. I'm exaggerating. I'm actually happy she went and did something for her, even if it FREAKED ME OUT. But I blame it on the movie. Not her. (No... never). The question is, will I see it coming the next time or get duped like the Boy Scout in the movie? And what's with Steve Martin playing a rich jerk who isn't funny? Another crime against nature. However, I did enjoy the film, except the ending seemed to wrap up too quickly.

TOY STORY 3

99% on the RT meter usually means a good film and TS3 was no exception. I'll admit the Toy Story movies don't hit the same nerves for me as Ratatouille, Up or even Wall-e'd. (Yes, I just said computer generated kids movies make me emotional). But I cry over everything. - Right Boss? Except this movie. It was good, but no Pixar tears. I guess my NES was more dear to me than GI Joe's or naked barbies. Speaking of which, Ken and Barbie steal this installment. However, I still like TS2 a bit more, simply for the Zurg stuff. My inner fan-boy rejoiced. If you are one the 10 people left in America that haven't seen this yet, I applaud you for being different. I hope you feel better about yourself and can abstain until red box or maybe forever. Become a TS3 Nun. You may not be what you seem.

P.S. - Dear Boss,
Please remmeber there are flowers on that AMAZING wood table that you found on a crazy good sale in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I'm a little confused about what the first movie is titled and what it was about, and it sounds like there was a lot going on at the time, so that's very understandable.

Sounds like TS3's a pretty good bet, I'm sure I'll see it one day.

Yes, I always love the Star Wars throw backs.

I do have to say I was ticked off by Night at the Museum, Smithsonian, in this regard, though. I thought Vader was really weaksauce. I expected an absolutely awesome twist where he choked the Frank Hazaria (or whatever) dude and took over. We can win only so many.