Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Road Trip Part 1

My family makes an annual migration to So. Cal and visits relatives along the way. I'm taking a siesta from the trip to go home and WORK. Here are a few thoughts from the trip so far:

  • "Actually, this is my song." Thanks RIAA. My kids definitely got the message that music is property, not art. Nearly every song we played in the car was claimed by one of the kids. Once claimed, no one else can sing it (contrary to parental rules). They fought tooth and nail over every line of Elton's "Yellow Brick Road." As you may have guessed, we gave up on music until the crew fell asleep.
  • The Female Mind - During a road trip, many random things wind up in Mom's purse. The question is whether or not you can find that item later. I've decided that a woman's purse is like her mind. To a man, it is total chaos; an unknowable abyss of stuff. Its been said 'women don't know what they want.' If so, I say Eureka! This explains why a purse seems to be an impossible labyrinth, reflecting a woman's state of mind. No wonder the "Man Bag" never worked out for Seinfeld. Like wallets, men are small minded, neatly compartmentalized and stripped down to essentials. Of course a few of us get lazy about cleaning out the wallet and we get fat. If I could easily find items in my wife's purse, it would mean I finally understand her mind. Clearly this will never happen in this lifetime.
  • Red Rock Resort - Since the day it was built south of my former residence in Summerlin, I've been wanting to stay at this hotel. Thanks to 10 wonderful years with my beautiful wife, we had a good excuse to drop the kids with family and visit this hotel. I love modern architecture and contemporary furnishings so this was a perfect retreat for me. The pool was very comfortable and tame by Vegas standards. One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The wife reported the spa to be amazing and is plotting a return trip. 5 Stars in my humble traveler's opinion. A perfect anniversary. It took 10 years, but I finally got something right. http://www.redrocklasvegas.com/virtual_tour/

I'll rejoin the expedition later next month in So Cal, away from the breath of Satan that punishes the Las Vegas area. Until then, keep on claiming songs and threaten all who dare to sing them.

P.S. I realize my purse thing is a GROSS COGNITIVE DISTORTION. But I welcome all angry, bitter and salty feminazi comments. I'll read them as I splash on some Brute aftershave.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

You are a cowardly chauvinist pig ruining the web. How dare you. If you had half the intelligence of a woman, you'd print your blog on paper, set it on fire and burn yourself to death on it. Your smug self-conratulatory humor is disgusting and I pity your poor wife.

Fletch said...

Getting out the Brute now...

Daniel said...

Where do you find these blogs!?

Fletch said...

THE ONE WORLD ORDER: THE MILITARY MINIONS - PART 7

It simply does not get any better than that!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.