Sunday, September 16, 2012

Never Check Your Religion at the Door

Apparently this dandy of a talk has been getting some buzz on Pinterest and Facebook. I, the Blogging Dinosaur now share it with you on my own terms.


As a recovering football player, I really love talks where the speaker gets a little fired up. Elder Holland is known to do that from time to time. I've decided to now refer to him as the Apostolic Coach or just Coach Holland. One thing he does so well is take a topic that seems vanilla, and then completely opens my understanding for our time and challenges. For any of you that would like some color on Zion's history and the Church today, I highly recommend this talk. Well worth the time.

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/ces-devotionals/2012/09?lang=eng

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Nice. Yes, I saw this image on the only social network worth visiting (with the five or so of us still using it).

What's the executive summary? (I do want to watch the talk and would appreciate an abridgment, until I make it happen.)

Rooster said...

Executive Summary: Don't check your religion at the door when you are upset with people who check their religion at the door....

It really is a good one.

Daniel said...

Hmm. I'm intrigued. Thanks, Rooster.

Fletch said...

Yes, but this talk is really more about Zion and how it will never retreat. He give three examples of problems and how we deal with them today.

This talk is popular for the "never check your religion" quote, but in its ultimate and final totality of content is emphatically about Zion.

TO ZION!!!!

Daniel said...

Hmm. Why would I want to go to Zion, though? I've paid good money to be where I am, so I can disregard my religion.