Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Boycott 3-D Star Wars

When I was a kid, Star Wars wasn't just cool, it was AWESOME. Darth Vader was actually scary and even the Ewoks couldn't ruin Jedi. Life was good. 

Then came the re-release of the trilogy with the "special enhancements." But I was in a time capsule at the time so I did not see these movies on the big screen. Only continued thoughts about the vastness and importance of eternity BARELY kept me from going insane with jealousy within my time capsule. 

Next, I was punched in the face by the Phantom Menace. Then the Clones attacked me, until all I had on my mind was Revenge.

Now I laugh at Chad Vader, George Lucas jokes and kiddie clone wars cartoons. 

DUDE. WHERE'S MY FRANCHISE??

I refuse to let George Lucas have more of my hard earned cash for a technology that is a complete money making scam. Yes, the upcoming release of the saga in 3-D is nothing but a complete ruse to take people's hard earned cash and enrich a man who lost all his creative talent in 1984. This non-sense of Lucas making more and more money off releasing the same movies over and over again HAS GOT TO STOP!!! I WILL NOT SUPPORT IT ANY LONGER. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS AND MAKE THAT MAN RETREAT TO SKYWALKER RANCH FOREVER!!!

ok I'm done.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

What's with the franchises, lately (first the Broncos and now this -- or is it the other way around)?

Come on, though. Lucas has that amazing Steve Jobs-like genius: Rehash what other people already came up with, repackage the same thing over, and over, and over again, and sell it with a little more magic each time, and it will be our best Star Wars movie yet! (Until it gets that great new software, what's it called? iSuri, iSeary, iSores?)

As for the Hollywood fat cat raking in the galleons, I think you'll be amused to feast your eyes on this one: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/george-lucas-billionaire-filmmaker-down-on-capitalism/ (FYI, it was the top Google result, so I assume it's what I wanted, regardless of any extraneous content.)

Fletch said...

I think you need to start a company selling "Freedom Nuts" for people who are "nuts" about freedom!