Friday, September 09, 2011

Brother Duncan

Great news for Donuts lovers in Denver! Brother Duncan is planning to bring his donuts to the Mile High market.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2011/09/08/dunkin-donuts-eyes-return-to-denver.html

But isn't Denver a healthy city? Would we really embrace a mass proliferation of fried pastries upsetting our healthy Rocky Mountain high? Here is a list raking the top 10 best and worst cities in American in terms of health. http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/healthy.aspx


Top 10 Cities with Highest Healthiest Cities ScoresTop 10 Cities with Lowest Healthiest Cities Scores
1)San Jose, CA1)New Orleans, LA
2)Washington, DC2)San Antonio, TX
3)San Francisco, CA3)Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
4)Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA4)Cleveland-Lorain-Elyria, OH
5)Salt Lake City-Ogden, UT5)Orlando, FL
6)Oakland, CA6)Columbus, OH
7)Sacramento, CA7)Detroit, MI
8)Orange County, CA8)New York, NY
9)Denver, CO9)Las Vegas, NV-AZ
10)Austin-San Marcos, TX10)Indianapolis, IN


I'm predicting a drop out of the top 10 if we embrace this pastry invasion. However I will be more than happy to pick up an occasional Boston Creme. Heck, during my mission in Boston, it was a sin not to have a dozen on the table during district meeting.

Of course, anyone who really knows Dunkin realizes this is about coffee not donuts. But I don't have a horse in that game. Perhaps if they start offering medical marijuana doughnuts they can dominate the market and put Starbucks out of business. After all, weed is #1 in Denver with more dispensaries than Starbucks. I guess Mile High no longer refers to just altitude. http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/heavy-doses/2010/01/05/medical-marijuana-stores-outnumber-starbucks-in-denver/

5 comments:

Jay said...

Dunkin Donuts is SO expensive. Give me Winchell's any day... do we have those here?

Daniel said...

Wow on the weed dispensaries. Regarding Rocky Mountain high, Denver's had that aura at least since Spicer Breeden. Okay, I had to throw that dude in because we read a case about his last-minute-before-suicide will in my Wills class.

Seems to me like the pot distribution centers would harm the "healthiness" rating (or reality) more than Dunkin would . . .

Fletch said...

If I'm going somewhere other than Safeway or King's I'm assuming I'm going to pay more and Dunkin is worth it for me.

Whinchell's is generally on par with the grocery stores and even cheaper than them.

Not exactly related, but a donuts comparison:

http://www.relaxorium.com/donut/donuts.html

Rooster said...

no way salt lake and sacramento are on those lists... the lists are crap. you should compare the lists to the number of dunkin donut stores....

Fletch said...

DUDE.

SLC benefits from a population that doesn't drink, smoke, etc. I'm sure those weight heavily in such a study. As for Sac-Town, I have no idea.