Saturday, December 19, 2009

Copper Thoughts

Some random thoughts from my trip today to Copper Mountain.

  1. Never go to a major resort during the Christmas season. This place made Disneyland lines seem like a fast food joint. It took nearly an hour in line for the first lift, while my ankles cursed me.
  2. Which leads me to my second thought. Ski boots could be the most painful things invented since the corset. I thought I was going to break my ankle getting my foot into the boot. 18th century Victorian chicks have nothing on me. $2o says the CIA is putting those things on terrorists and making them walk around until they talk.
  3. I used to fancy my attitude on the slopes in a Stone Temple Pilots sort of fashion. The problem with that is I have no skill for moguls or the vertical limit. I therefore accept my style has changed to James Taylor, which was playing in my mental ipod during a few relaxing runs down the hill. Like good cheese, I age well... with all kinds of fungus.
  4. My most profound cursing moments have generally occurred either skiing, snowshoeing, or installing a ceiling fan. As you could guess, they all stem from my tremendous ineptitude in both major and minor motor skills. However, I'm proud to say that despite trying to teach Julie to ski today and suffering a few wipe-outs, no string of profanity passed my lips. Once again, cheese... fungus, and my first born appears to be a natural, showing the gene pool can be spared from its predecessors.
Here are some looks at what I avoided today by adapting the James Taylor philosophy of skiing. The music is PRICELESS!

Yeah. That's why I don't do moguls.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Good times in the neighborhood.

1. I hear you. As much as I love sitting around doing nothing, I simply loathe sitting in traffic or lines where the wait prevents me from doing something I want to do.

2. I don't know. Have you ever tried on a full suit of metal armor? You were into metal, right?

3. Yes, hard to imagine you as a Stone Temple Pilot these days, but I wouldn't put you down as moldy cheese.

4. Way to hold your tongue, champ!

5. This really is a fifth topic, isn't it? I'm glad to hear your offspring is pulling a Professor Trawlaney (skipping a generation or two with the talent).

On the video: I agree about the music except for I think that Survivor could definitely have a good chance at a copyright lawsuit victory.

I was a little disappointed by the ordering, it felt pretty arbitrary. But maybe that's because I'm an attorney in embryo? But then again, how often is the law not arbitrary?

Fletch said...

I award you the triple cross for such an excellent comment incorporating Harry Potter. I agree the order of the wipe outs was odd, but at least they got #1 right.

Daniel said...

The triple cross? A la Castlevania?

Meh on the #1, I thought the dude was enjoying the ride, not eating it hardcore.

If anything, the bromide who went down home-style on his little plastic Christmas-Vacation-esque shield and bashed his skull after a worthy hop deserved the #1. IMHO