Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stepping up to the Plate

A good friend of mine graciously invited me to sample some fantastic food and take in a great Rockies game last night. While at the game, the subject of theme music before stepping up to the plate came up. Naturally 80's hair metal came up in my mind. I've been told that I'm a wishy-washy indecisive person, so I have made my final pick. However, I have 4 alternates waiting. Here is my list:
  1. Whitesnake - Here I go Again
  2. Judas Priest - Turbo Lover
  3. Enter Sandman - Metallica
  4. Check Yo Self - Ice Cube
  5. The Power - Snap

Of course, I started thinking about lame songs to walk up to as well:

  1. Hit me baby one more time - Brittany Spears
  2. Vogue - Maddona
  3. Lovefool - The Cardigans
  4. Hangin' Tough - New Kids on the Block
  5. Copacabana - Barry Manilow

Of course I have to give Jake his due, with one of his choices: I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred. My top pick is in the player on the left. Rock on.

4 comments:

kevers79 said...

Totally disagree that Hangin Tough is a lame some to walk up to the plate to. I think the situation/inning really has a big impact on what song I'd have played.

kevers79 said...

*song

Fletch said...

Very clever comment. Love it!

Fletch said...

Perhaps managers should get to start picking "situational" music for batters?