Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ferris Bueller is Tyler Durden

Fight club was a movie that resonated with me. So much so that I later read the book. Some of you may be aware of the theory that Ferris Bueller is really just the split personality of Cameron who has always lived the life Cameron wishes he could. That whole opening sequence faking out the parents? Just in Cameron's head, wishing he had a family that gave a crap about him. First rule about taking the day off? DON'T TALK ABOUT TAKING THE DAY OFF.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Fight Club, NOW imagine them with Cameron:
“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.” 
 “You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways.” 
 “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.” 
 “It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.” 

I doubt this was John Hughes intention, but in my search for meaning I'm going to say he was a genius with this film.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I'm sure the comparison is picture perfect. Where do these animated bots come from?