Sunday, January 17, 2016

There Will Be Blood

That was flat out one of the most disgusting playoff wins I've even witnessed from the Broncos. It feels like we got our rear-ends handed to us, and yet we won that game by more than 3 points. If I had to get a picture to show how weak our offense looked, this would be it.

On paper, that offense looks like it should be pretty good. Hall of fame QB, two 700 yard rushers, all star talent at reciever. But no guts. Our O-line isn't great, but I can tell you switching from power to zone blocking schemes is not easy on the fly. Kubes is practically winning inspire of himself thanks to a stellar defense.

Honestly, I don't know if I can take another week of this. I love our D and it does win championships, but for PEYTON'S SAKE YOU GOTTA SCORE A FLIPPING TOUCHDOWN MORE THAN ONCE IN 28 DRIVES IN THE POST SEASON!! 

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!

The blasted Patriots will show up next week just quivering with anticipation to break Peyton's neck. Seriously. Did you see that hit he took? Dad gum. No wonder Archie can't watch. I'd be freaked out too. I know I'm the worst kind of fan. But you know what?

This is all just supposed to be entertainment. Right? MY BLOOD PRESSURE CAN'T TAKE IT! I'M GONNA KYLO REN ALL OVER THE TV IF I HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING THAT PATHETIC OFFENSE. 

Like the title of this post, sooner or later, there will be blood. I just don't know if its worth the emotional suffering anymore. Here's to hoping we get a little vinegar in that gas tank and max out that electric engine and get some sort of turbo boost on that Prius. Go Broncos.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Yes, for your sake and our neighbors across the street who proudly wave a Broncos flag (it's literally in a flag pole on the house) and have donned Christmas-like Broncos lights on the roof, I hope they get some spark in the offensive gas tank. Didn't they have the best offense in history two years ago? (I'm still amazed at the irony of that record-breaking glory and the subsequent Super Bowl performance . . . Sorry for pouring a cubic ton of sea salt in a wound I'm sure is still very fresh and raw.)

I totally loved the Kylo-Ren-on-the-TV line (speaking of which, when do I get the spoliers-inculded and apocalyptic-next-Star-Wars prophecies/discussion?). I sure hope the actual piece of machinery from the on-screen Kylo Ren encounter was on the less-critical side.