Sunday, July 18, 2010

INCEPTION

I saw Inception last night and my brain is still buzzing over possibilities. For my taste, this was an excellent film. Well crafted story, beautifully shot and filled with action that serves the plot not derailing it. Nolan wrote this years ago and you can tell he's put tremendous effort into the production, writing and directing. Hands down one of my favorite directors. So yes, I give this two thumbs up, five stars... its outstanding. Go see it in all its glory on the big screen.

I really don't want to talk too much about the plot and spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. But it will require some thought which for most of you is a good thing. It has elements of the recent Batman films and the Matrix, but it clearly stands on its own. Its unlike any dream/subconscious film I've ever seen. I won't pretend to fully understand the movie and am looking forward to a second viewing where I can test some of my theories to see if they hold up. The only weakness of this film it that it moves so fast you don't have much time to connect to the characters, but I think that will be accomplished in later viewings.

Once again a big shout out to Hans Zimmer on a wonderful score. Still going in my mind this morning. He and Nolan are the Spielberg/Williams of the modern era. Hats off to these guys for making serious movie magic.

As for the LDS perspective, this movie had little profanity, zero sexual content and the action was fairly tame. For you scardie-cats out there, this movie is not going to freak you out. Even the boss was quite calm afterwards. So go ahead, eat your popcorn and feel no shame.

SPOILERS!!!

After watching the movie you'll want to think more about it. Here is an interesting article that should only be read after watching. Ciao. http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/17/%E2%80%98inception-ending/

3 comments:

Rooster said...

After watching it last night, I dreamed I was in a gun fight and ran out of ammo...luckily we only had to dream up a new pile of ammo for my .306 rifle. I deffinately could have been part of Idaho Milita Freemen.

Very cool movie. I echo all of your comments.

Jay said...

Crazy stuff. I too saw it on Saturday. And I read the article you posted, and I read most of the 1000 comments after it.

Seriously crazy. I'm more confused now than I was coming out of the movie.

Rock Solid said...

The music score in this movie was amazing. It was so powerful.