Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sorry Cincinnati

I miss judged you. All my life I heard you were a scary place to live in the middle of the country. But after a weekend visiting for the Cougar Abogado's graduation, I've had a change of heart. Now I'm singing the following:

 

To me, this place is like a mix of San Francisco and Boston, MINUS the ocean. Or perhaps it would be best to call it unique. Here are some photos from the trip that were both stunning and a pleasure to take.

 

Now for the real fun stuff. On Friday night with some time to burn, I figured I'd go for a walk. I saw a small creek about 1/4 mile north of the hotel and figured I'd meander down there. WRONG. Being a foreigner, I didn't realize this place is the JUNGLE. After descending down a trail, I wound up bushwhacking it along the creek after a 500 ft drop in elevation. The tree cover got so think darkness came upon me. Here are my pathetic iPhone 4 photos (the Siri powered one would have done better... I KNOW).
lost along the creek of shattered dreams
Of course as darkness fell in the jungle, I started to think of the Preadator coming to kill me. Here is what was going through my mind.

 

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Yes, rejoice for first-hand experience.

WKRP? Who knew this historic town had a TV series about it? (BTW, what was that nudity line all about?)

As for myself, I believe in Cincinnati exceptionalism. You know, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.

I'm glad you survived the jungle and captured a shot of the predator (and the sweet music/sound effects).

Thanks, again, for coming and for sharing. 'Preciate it.

Rock Solid said...

Ah yes. I could have told you fletchword that it is a jungle out there. When I used to live in Kentucky I would go off the main road and get lost immediately and it was very freaky because of how dense the foliage is.WKRP, I totally remember that show. It has been a long time though. Probably too far in the past for Cougar Abogado.

Fletch said...

I didn't catch the nudity thing the first time. You truly have a Walt Disney-esque ability.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/oneframe.asp

Daniel said...

Hmm. Given the legends, I'm unsure how I feel about that conclusion.